|Issue no. 21-22 of Mahd el-Hadarat is published|
|09/02/2016 - عدد القراءات : 1053|
The new issue no. 21-22 of DGAM periodical "Mahd el-Hadarat" (Cradle of Civilizations) has been recently published in 244 pages.
This exclusive issue is prefaced by Prof. Dr. Maamoun Abdulkarim, DG of Antiquities and Museums. In addition, it is featured by 4 important articles:
- the last research done by the late Khaled Asaad "Traditions and rituals of death by ancient Palmyreans", which he personally participated with to the periodical,
- "Land of Kanaan" by Prof. Dr. Mohammad Muhaffel,
- "Stamp seals in Tell Dabbet Brikeh by Dr. Ali Abou Assaf,
- "Aramaic inscriptions in Near Eastern world" by Prof. Dr. Jbag Qablu.
More articles include the following:
- Venus in the Old Stone Age,
- Impact of climate on the evolution of the prehistoric societies of the Levant,
- Sculpturing lions in the Aramaic kingdoms,
- Route of incense,
- Diversity of art schools in Syria, during the Hellenistic and Roman periods,
- Palmyrean textile,
- Palmyrean epigraphy in the National Museum of Hama,
- Regional Syria gods during the Hellenistic and Roman periods: symmetry and Intermingle,
- Side water fountains and their relations to the temples of water nymphs during the Roman period,
- Schools of Aleppo during the Ayyubid period,
- Bathhouse of Kharab Sayyar,
- Mamluk leadership during the biological catastrophes in the Levant: the plague as an example,
- Manufacture and ornamentation of metal works during the Mamluk period,
- Water mills in Damascus and its rural areas,
- Underwater cultural heritage between the loaded reserve and the legislative incapability,
- Celebrities and orientalists: Jean Sauvaget,
- Chinese golden dragon.
As per the regular reports in this issue, we can read the following:
- The interview is with Mr. Bachir Zouhdi,
- The guest is Taha Baqir,
- The book is “History and archaeology of Ebla” by Prof. Dr. Eid Mari.
طباعة أرسل إلى صديق