Photos: Damage at Harim Castle in Idlib Countryside16/11/2014 - عدد القراءات : 2483
Idlib Antiquities was able to reach Harim Castle and made initial damage assessments as follows:
- All the exterior walls of the markets in the SE of the castle are intact as well as the buildings on the north side.as well as the excavation areas.
- Few illegal excavations were done in the main market within the castle.
- Stones blocks were fallen which made a gaps in N and S facades.
- Iron doors were taken off within the castle except the castle main entrance.
- Secret entrances leading to the castle were closed with large stones.
- Excavation equipment and lifting tools with their engines were also stolen from the main warehouse of the castle.
- A new brick room were built at the roof of the castle for armed gungs settlments. .
It is noteworthy that the castle was partially damage during the 2013 events.
Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved - Powered by Platinum Inc